Sunday, January 11, 2009

So my first week in London has already proved to be everything I hoped it would be and MORE. I can't believe the architecture around here; it's the most gorgeous city I've ever been in. The buildings, the tubes, the shops, the parks...I could go on and on. And I think I will because this is my first very own blog and apparently on blogs you can say whatever you want.

So my first major concern when I got here came up as I went into convenient store after convenient store failing to see any Diet Dr. Pepper. As anyone who knows me could guess, this wasn't just a minor issue. I alerted all the girls on my floor to keep their eye out, and LO AND BEHOLD....a few days later my bunkmate Connie rushed into the room to tell me that she had found me Dr. Pepper Zero!!! Now, it's not like I'd every heard of that or anything, but the prospect of it was like a glimmering ray of hope. Now, I tried not to get my hopes up in case it turned out to be that sugary nonesense. I was fully prepared to be disappointed when I went into that choice convenient mart and took a swig of the foreign dp0, masquerading as my beloved ddp, but guess what?!? IT TASTED AMAZING!! Like, all of a sudden I felt like I was home again, filling up my 32 oz. mug at crest or conoco. How could life be any better?? I have since become a frequenter of that mart (obviously) and I can already tell that Melvin (the check out dude) and I are going to be great friends :)


1 comment:

  1. Ahh... filling up your mug... I miss having someone to fill up my mug with.
    I think you need to post a little more often.
    Peace out playa.

    ReplyDelete